Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Big Brother 17 - Worth it? Or total WoT?


Almost everyone should be familiar with Big Brother. The epic three month Summer long power struggle where 12-17 people enters the house in hopes to win the 500k at the end of game. Julie Chen, the infamous Chenbot, meets us on CBS on the BB stage to announce the new HGs and twist(s) of the Season. 

Big Brother 1 brought us an OK game with 10 HGs who competed for said 500k. Big Brother 2 gave us a whole new game with a Head of Household where they nominate two people for eviction, casted by the other HGs. Big Brother 3 introduced the Golden Power of Veto where the Winner of said Veto can take someone off the chopping block. Big Brother 4 introduced a Seasonal theme twist called The X Factor where HGs ex boyfriends and girlfriends entered the house. Big Brother 5 introduced Project DNA: Do Not Assume where two siblings who never knew existed met each other for the first time and that's when the Twin Twist 1.0 game into play. 

Big Brother 6 goes down at the best fucking Season of the U.S. series where we are introduced to Big Brother: Summer of Secrets when all houseguests knew one other person. If a pair got to the end, the winner would receive 1 Million Dollars and the Runner Up got 250k. Needles to say, it went back to the original 500k/50K. Big Brother 7 was an Epic All Star season where Past HG's came back to dish it out again, only for a total fucking loser winning the game aka Mike Nutjob Boogie. Big Brother 8 was an Enemy season, I guess which two paired HG's aka Dick and Danielle aka Father/Daughter won the 500 and 50K. Big Brother 9 was the Summer of Love where we got to meet the amazing Chelsea and... she's basically the only one worth remembering from that Season. Big Brother 10 went Back to Basics ala BB3 where there were no twist at all and 14 all new Houseguests!

 Big Brother 11 was the season where the worst winner in History was Crowned. Seriously, I hated Jordan and I hate Jeff to this day. I hope CBS fires him. Please CBS gods, do me a favor!! Big Brother 12 was when we were introduced to the amazing Britney Haynes and her HILARIOUS D.R. sessions!! Big Brother 13... Big Brother 14... Um... What were those seasons about? I know in one of them there was a Golden Key Pairing twist where some HGs got to come back... Big Brother 15 was notorious for the bullshit racism they had in that Season, Big Brother 16 decided to fuck us all over with mother fucking Frankie Grande where he used his Grandfather's death to go further into the game(ASSWIPE!) and now Big Brother 17...

Let me tell you something about Big Brother 17. Actually no, let's go back to Big Brother 16. I had the Feeds during 16 and I had them all Season. I tortured myself by dealing with Frankie's Kumbaya Meditation Rituals, I tortured myself by having to listen to Caleb's stalkerish obsession with Amber, I even tortured myself over Amber herself being a complete and total fucking idiot by being an idiot. OH YEAH, and I had to deal with the Wicked Witch of the West Christine with her fat fucking nose and horrible glasses. 

I watched the BB16 feeds. All. Summer. Long. 

But this year? This year was different...

I bought the Feeds Early Bird Style. I watched the Houseguest interviews with that evil malicious Wannabe Prince Jeff What's-His-Face, I watched all the newbies and their interviews and I enjoyed them very much so.

But then they entered the House.

Then CBS activated the Live Feeds.

I watched the Feeds Every Single Day.

Until this past Friday. 

I CANCELLED my All Access Feeds. 

Why, do you ask? Why?

The Big Brother 17 houseguests are doing nothing for me. Their fights are not even fights, even though Audrey was actually nominated by her bestie Shelli, I just don't find myself watching the feeds. I fell in love with Austin, but he turned out to be a mega DOUCHE, Vanessa doesn't do anything but cry like a baby, and the others does nothing but FLOAT.

Mind you, this shit has been happening for the past three-four years.

The Houseguests are MEGA BORRRRRING!!! 

I don't know what the fuck Robyn Kass thinks when casting these idiots... Most of these moron's are fucking recruits. She NEVER casts anyone REAL! Sure there are some people from small, rural towns, but where are the REAL PEOPLE?! Most of these people are living in LA or Miami. Where are the people from Boulder. CO? Lexington, KY? Knoxville, TN? Omg I just can't deal with this Season... This SHOW, even!! 

And Clay and Shelli makes me wanna fucking scratch my eyes out, I can't stand them and Shelli's fifteen year old state of mine ala crush on Clay, I mean forreal? What a damn ho! Find someone your own age, Shelli! Clay is basically still a fucking kid for God's sake!

Seriously you guys, Clay can be Shelli's nephew or something. 

I just don't understand... Where are the fun houseguests? Where are the people who actually gets their hands dirty and thrives for it? Audrey doesn't count because she fucking sucks at lying. Just... ugh. Seriously, cancelling my feeds should give CBS some sort of message. I wonder who else is gonna cancel their feeds as well? 

I dunno... I'm sticking to the TV episodes, but I might check out BBAD sometime. I just don't know anymore... I willingly skipped out on Sunday's BB episode, I'll watch it later On Demand. 

I just wish Big Brother was the way it use to be, ya know?

-Katrina

No comments: