Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Charmed


This show has brought a lot of tears to my eyes. Actually, I just found out last night that it still brings tears to my eyes. Charmed was the one show in the entire universe from 1998-2006 where I could escape my life and enter a world where the impossible was possible. Three sister witches found out they were witches and had supernatural powers, passed down from their Great x 6 Grandmother Melinda Warren. Telekinesis, Temporal Stasis(which is later changed to Molecular Immobilization, and Clairvoyance. Quickly, I'd like to point out that Temporal Stasis and Molecular Immobilization is both still in the Charmed Universe, but they were carefully picked apart from one another. Anyways, Melinda prophesied that her Great x 6 Granddaughters were going to be the most powerful witches in the world, which they are, and would fight the evil of the world. They pretty much never had a choice in the matter since it was their Destiny to become Charmed. 

This show basically saved my life. Even though as I got older and the show went on, I learned about the Behind the Scenes things, I still loved this show. Prue was my first favorite sister, then after she died Phoebe had become my favorite until about Season Sixish when Piper took over. I don't know why, but I never really liked Paige for some reason. I remember when I was obsessed with this show... I kinda still am, but the difference is that I know when I can call out the bullshit that went on behind the scenes of this show. 

I know I don't know the full details, but I have seen and heard many interviews. In a recent interview just this year, I learned that not only does Shannen not like talking about Charmed, but Holly doesn't either. I could see in the interview the pain in Holly's face when people asks her stuff about this show. Sure maybe it's to respect Shannen(because she WAS there at the same interview Holly was at) but I could still see it in Holly's face. 

As for Alyssa Milano, I haven't really watched interviews with her, but I do watch her host Project Runway All Stars and I read some of the tweets she and the other's post. The only two I ever see tweet about Charmed is Alyssa and Rose now a days with Holly posting about Pretty Little Liar's and other stuff. 

But anyway, let's back on track shall we? 

I could honestly talk a lot about this show... there's so many aspects of it and so many subjects of the show itself to talk about. I guess I can say this is not going to be the only Charmed post I make because of how much I love it so I guess I'll talk about what I did last night.

So I have Netflix so I can go and watch the entire series to my hearts content. I could have done so many things like a Marathon from 1X01 to 8X22, special themed episodes like Halloween or all the Finale episodes in order, but I did something else instead. 

Instead, I watched all the episodes that made me cry. Yeah, I'm totally being serious, you can even look on my Twitter to see. I literally chose all the episodes that made me cry... The Courtship of Wyatt's Father during Season 6. Most of us would think this wouldn't make anyone cry, but there was that one scene that totally did! 

When Piper and Leo were sent into the Ghostly Plane by the Darklighter and Piper was trying to protect Leo, but Leo was being protective of Piper. When the two entered the alleyway since that's where they knew Phoebe and Paige were going thanks to the bond Piper had with them we were met with this quote:

"I never stopped loving you."



That was said by Leo to Piper before they had sex in the god damn Ghostly Plane and conceived Chris. Isn't that fucking romantic?! Leo is about to die because he got shot by a Darklighter's arrow and he had the power and strength to have sex with Piper enough to conceive a child! But back on point... Yeah, I felt a god damn tear roll down my eye after Leo said that! It didn't make it any better since future Chris was ceasing to exist by turning into a fucking shadow being and disappearing all the time! 

It hurt.

It really did. 


Other sad episodes I watched last night was Something Wicked This Way Goes, because I'm sure when we were watching that on its aired date we all thought they were going to die in that explosion with Zankou so yes, I cried when the sister's(more so Piper) was saying goodbye to the boys. 

IT HURT!

IT HURT SO BAD!!!


I didn't watch Vaya Con Leos, but I totally know I would have cried during that one too. Basically it was after midnight so I had to choose certain episodes before falling asleep. Haha.

So yeah, I totally hold Charmed close to my heart. I know for as long as I live I'll never let that show go. I refuse to. It's totally going to be the first show I watch if I'm having a shitty fucking day or if someone pisses me off the point where I need to laugh my ass off, I know Charmed will be there to help me save the day. 

Like I said I'll be posting more about this, it's totally not the last you'll see me type up Charmed.

I love you Charmed!! 

<3 

-Kat

No comments: